Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 120 - The Archer's Window - 256 to go


Peek-a-Boo!!!
A window for archers
I can see you but you can't see me.

Hidden in the forest where the above photo was taken, the Archer's peep hole window belonged to this castle ruin in a forest just above the Troglodyte village on the cliff overlooking the river below.
The atmosphere was quite weird with the mist hanging in the forest. We were alone except for the noises of the forest and the river below.

Diane, one of our readers asked about the Troglodyte village. It is La Madeleine - look it up on Google pictures and Google Earth for more information. We found it to be a hidden treasure.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks Leon I never thought of using Google Earth for looking up a place with pictures. I am now off there to have a visit. Diane

Leon Sims said...

Diane - thanks for making us feel not so lonely. Its nice to know someone reads a blog that you post.
I sometimes wonder who does!!!